Romantic Tent in an Eco Camping
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
Camping in the Azores
Camping in the Azores was never this easy, or romantic or fun. In this orchard we offer an original and comfortable accommodation, surrounded by true Azorean nature. Comfortable, nevertheless. You will stay in a spacious vintage cotton tent and sleep in a bed with a real mattress. This lush eco garden is home to many fruit trees and provides cosy and private camp sites. There is a communal camp kitchen and places to create campfires at night.
Imagine yourself picking herbs for some fresh tea or gathering some fruit for breakfast. Our family here is happy to share with everything that comes from the land and there is lot’s to learn about permaculture.
The garden is near the beach, close to the wine museum and some of the best walking trails of the island start in this area.
The land of Abbyville is situated in the traditional wine area of Biscoitos, with characteristic stone walls that mark the small plots. We have a little forest of chestnuts, and figs, different types of citrus fruit, plum, pear and apple. Everything grows in a small scale and you won’t find a straight line on this farm. We are restoring the fruit farm and are experimenting with several species like passion fruit, guava and melon pear.
You can enjoy the entire garden, walk everywhere and find shady places during the day. When we have harvest from our vegetable garden or eggs from our feathered friends we are happy to share them. Also you can find herbs and plants to make your own tea.
We give you everything for your cosy outdoor adventure:
- Your tent and bed already made up
- Up-to 4 persons in a large tent
- Cosy outdoor kitchen
- Fridge and food storage
- Gas stove and cooking utensils
- Plates, cups and cutleries
- Basics to cook
- Flashlight, lighter and candles
- Fire and BBQ place
- Lockers and phone chargers
- Travel inspiration for your time in Terceira
Needless to say you bring the fun and good spirits. What else is not included:
- Car rental (depending on your travel intention, we can advice about this)
- Cleaning and dish wasing
- Rubbish control, please leave nothing at your campsite
What you get
– Natural swimming pools, 5 minute drive
– The Wine Museum, only 100 meters away
– 3 fantastic hikes, only 10 minutes drive away
– Supermarket and fresh bakery, around the corner
– Snackbar, around the corner
– Best steak restaurant of Terceira, 5 minutes by car
Most people would advise you to rent a car on this island, but being in AbbyVille you can also have a great time without one.
The beach and museum are on walking distance and down the street there stops a bus that takes you to the cities of Angra do Heroísmo or Praia de Victoria and taxies are still affordable ( € 20,- to cross the island or airport transfer).
Furthermore hitch hiking is definitely an option if you feel adventurous.